Yesterday I watched the live stream of the US Little League Champions congratulatory celebration.. Millennium Park in downtown Chicago was filled with hundreds of elated Chicagoans cheering and clapping for the thirteen history making young men that have filled an enormous amount of hearts with pride this summer. Not since 1967 has Chicago represented and what better team to do it than one named after Jackie Robinson, the first Black man to play Major League Baseball.
I know the entire world has gone digital but this is one of those occasions when proud parents and supporters rush the newsstands and grab up every paper they see their babies face on.I have a few tips to help preserve those memories.
- Place a sheet of acid free tissue paper in between each page
- Only fold on the natural center fold
- Store them flat in an acid free container with a lid
- No direct light ( if you are framing make sure the glass mentions UV resistant
- Keep the newspapers in a cool dry place, away from radiators and vent
F.Y.I The newspaper will still age, just gracefully
Congratulations Jackie Robinson West!!